Twinchies (2 x 2 inch squares of fabric) and inchies (1×1 inch squares) are a great way to use up scrap materials. Here are a few ideas on what to do with them once you’ve finished.
- Attach them to a piece of fabric and make them into a wallhanging. There are several stitches that you can use to do this: overstitch, backstitch, running stitch, blanket stitch, zigzag stitch and even chain stitch would work.
- ‘Frame’ them with another piece of contrasting material that’s slightly larger.
- Add a textured piece of fabric behind the twinchies, such as hessian and fray the edges and attach this onto another piece of fabric.
- Create a wallhanging by adding two loops. Insert a pole or even a stick, wrap twine around it and hang on your wall.
- Twinchies can decorate many textiles, such as cushion covers, quilts, and even fabric book covers.
- Once you’ve added the twinchie to the background, you can continue adding embroidery that links several twinchies together. (See the gallery of images for an example).