Zigzag stitch is a really easy decorative stitch that can be used in hand embroidery but also as a way of stitching hems and stopping edges from fraying.
- Pull the needle up from the back of the fabric.
- Make a diagonal stitch and then pull the needle up again, leaving a stitch length space inbetween.
- Create a row of diagonal stitches.
- When you reach the end of the row, go back along the row, creating a stitch that’s going in the opposite direction. So inbetween each of the diagonal stitches you’ve just created, insert another stitch in the opposite direction.
- Well done, you’ve created your first row of zigzag stitch.